Have you forgotten about the email Amazon sent sometime back? There are no major changes though, here’s a summary at a glance to brush things up and prepare before time:
Fulfillment Fee w.e.f. February 19th, 2019
This is the shipping fee charged to the customer and it is generally due to change in charges by UPS, Fedex, USPS etc.
- No changes for small standard size and large standard size items under 10 Oz.
- Expect a slight increase for other size tiers in future.
- Oversized items will be charged w.r.t. dimensions and weight.
- Products termed ‘dangerous’ or ‘hazardous’ with flammable, pressurized aerosol substances containing lithium-ion batteries will be treated separately.
- You can avail 5% or 10% discount for each new product added to the program.
Storage Fee – w.e.f. February 15th, 2019
These charges are applied if the product is not sold in 30 days.
- Elimination of fee for units in fulfillment centers from 6 months to 1 year.
- Continuation of long-term storage fees for units staying in the centers beyond 1 year.
- Reduction in long-term storage fee from $0.50 to $0.15 per unit, applicable after January 15th, 2019
- From April 2019, expect a rise in monthly storage fees for product termed ‘dangerous’ containing flammable or pressurized aerosol substances reaching fulfillment centers in March 2019.
- No effect on monthly storage fee for other products.
Referral Fee – w.e.f. February 19th, 2019
This is the commission that Amazon charges its sellers ranging from 8% to 15% on their sales.
- Beauty, Health & Personal Care & Baby Products (excluding Baby Apparel):
- $10 or less: Reduction from 15% to 8% in referral fee.
- Above $10: No change in referral fee i.e. 15%.
- Grocery & Gourmet:
- $15 or less: Reduction from 15% to 8% in referral fee.
- Above $15: No change in referral fee i.e. 15%.
- Jewelry & Watches:
- Reduction from $1 to $0.30 and $2 to $0.30 per item minimum fee across 30 categories.
- Reduction from 20% to 5% on items $250 & above for jewelry.
- Furniture: Reduction from 15% to 10% for $200, excluding mattresses.